Cardiovascular Diseases: Facts, Prevention & Cardiovascular Drugs
Diseases related to the heart or blood Vessels (arteries and Veins), technically defined as diseases affecting the cardiovascular system, and includes coronary heart disease (heart attacks), cerebrovascular disease (stroke), raised blood pressure (hypertension), peripheral artery disease, rheumatic heart disease, congenital heart disease and heart failure. The major causes of Cardiovascular Diseases are tobacco use, physical inactivity, and an unhealthy diet.
FACTS ABOUT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES (CVD's)
PREVENTION OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
- CVDs are the number one cause of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause;
- An estimated 17.5 million people died from CVDs in 2005, representing 30% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, an estimated 7.6 million were due to coronary heart disease and 5.7 million were due to stroke.
- Over 80% of CVD deaths take place in low- and middle-income countries and occur almost equally in men and women;
- By 2015, almost 20 million people will die from CVDs, mainly from heart disease and stroke. These are projected to remain the single leading causes of death.
A Global rise in industrialization, urbanization, economic development and food market globalization have resulted in significant changes in the key lifestyle factors such as the change in diet habits, physical activity levels, and tobacco consumption other biological factors include high blood cholesterol levels and obesity.
Following strategies are effective in preventing Cardiovascular Diseases, and are a great to help manage the disease:
- Diet Improvement:
Limit energy intake from total fats and shift fat consumption away from saturated fats to unsaturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids. Avoid excessively salty or sugary foods. Consume a diet high in fruits vegetables, nuts and whole grains, and low in refined grains. Increase consumption of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil or plant source.
- Lifestyle Improvement:
Regular physical activities, maintaining healthy weight, stay away from smoking & alcohol.
- Control of other Health Problems Such as diabetes, high blood pressure and stress ( both psychological oxidative).
SRS Pharma is a WHO-GMP Certified Manufacturer & Supplier of Cardiovascular Drugs. We manufacture Cardiovascular Drugs in the form of Injection & Lyophilised Injection.